OFFER FOR HUNTER DOUGLAS DECLARED UNCONDITIONAL. POST-ACCEPTANCE PERIOD; SQUEEZE-OUT UNCERTAIN
Rotterdam, 3 June 2021 – Bergson Beheer B.V. (the "Offeror") and Hunter Douglas N.V. ("Hunter Douglas") jointly announce:
- The Offeror declares the offer as set out in the Offer Memorandum dated 6 April 2021 (the “Offer”) unconditional.
- 1,319,271 common shares have been tendered under the Offer, representing 3.79% of the issued and outstanding common shares and an aggregate value of €108,180,222.
- Settlement of the Offer will take place on 7 June 2021, at which date tendering shareholders will be paid the Offer price of €82 per tendered share.
- After settlement, the Offeror will hold 30,495,850 common shares, representing 87.66% of the common shares, and 34,242,517 preferred shares, together representing 93.49% of the total capital of Hunter Douglas.
- Shareholders of Hunter Douglas who have not tendered their common shares during the offer period will have the opportunity to tender their shares under the same terms and conditions applicable to the Offer during the post-acceptance period, which will start at 09:00 (CEST) on 4 June 2021 and end at 17:40 (CEST) on 17 June 2021. Shareholders who wish to tender their common shares in the post-acceptance period should carefully review Section 5.8 of the Offer Memorandum.
- In view of the acceptance level, it is uncertain whether or not the Offeror will commence squeeze-out proceedings (uitkoopprocedure) after the post-acceptance period.
For further information, contact:
Hunter Douglas N.V.
Leen Reijtenbagh (Chief Financial Officer)
Bergson Beheer B.V.
Dr. Christopher King
This is a joint press release by the Offeror and Hunter Douglas in connection with the Offer pursuant to Section 16 paragraph 1 and 2 and Section 17 paragraph 1 of the Decree on Public Takeover Bids (Besluit Openbare Biedingen Wft).
This press release will also be published in Dutch. In the event of any contradictions between the Dutch and English version, the English version will prevail.
The information in the press release is not intended to be complete and additional information is contained in the Offer Memorandum and Position Statement. Except for the updated intention to commence a compulsory acquisition procedure, and the previously announced price increase to €82 and extension of the offer period, all information respecting the offer is found in the Offer Memorandum and Position Statement, each dated 6 April 2021. Digital copies of the Offer Memorandum and Position Statement are available on the websites of the Offeror (www.bergson-beheer.com) and Hunter Douglas (www.hunterdouglasgroup.com).