HUNTER DOUGLAS RESULTS Q1 2016
Rotterdam, May 4, 2016 – Hunter Douglas, the world market leader in window coverings (Luxaflex®) and a major manufacturer of architectural products, results for Q1 2016:
- Sales: 0.7% higher to USD 591.1 million, compared with USD 586.8 million in Q1 2015.The 0.7% sales increase reflects a 3.8% volume increase, a 4.0% negative currency impact and 0.9% increase from acquisitions. Volume increased in North America, Europe and Australia, was level in Asia and decreased in Latin America.North America accounted for 49% of sales, Europe 35%, Latin America 5%, Asia 7% and Australia 4%. Window Coverings were 83% and Architectural and Other Products were 17% of sales.
- Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization – EBITDA: USD 52.9 million, 20.8% higher than USD 43.8 million in Q1 2015.
- Income from Operations: USD 33.9 million, 47.4% higher than USD 23.0 million in Q1 2015. Results in local currencies were better in all areas, except in Latin America and Australia where results were lower.
- Profit before Tax (excluding Net Result Investment Portfolio): USD 31.4 million, 69.7% higher than USD 18.5 million in Q1 2015.
- Net Result Investment Portfolio: USD 6.8 million negative (after deduction of imputed interest and expenses) compared with USD 3.6 million positive in Q1 2015. The Portfolio’s return in U.S. dollars (before imputed interest and expenses) was 2.9% negative.
- Profit before Tax: USD 24.6 million, compared with USD 22.1 million in Q1 2015.
- Total Net Profit: USD 18.6 million (per share EUR 0.48), compared with USD 18.1 million in Q1 2015 (per share EUR 0.46).
Operating cash flow: USD 59.4 million negative compared with USD 67.9 million negative in Q1 2015.
Hunter Douglas expects continued slow growth in the US, stable economic conditions in Europe and continued difficult conditions in Asia and Latin America.
Hunter Douglas is in a strong position in terms of its products, distribution, finances and management.
Profile Hunter Douglas
Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and a major manufacturer of architectural products. The Company has its Head Office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and a Management Office in Lucerne, Switzerland. The Group is comprised of 127 companies with 50 manufacturing and 77 assembly operations in more than 100 countries. Hunter Douglas employs about 16,000 people and had sales in 2015 of USD 2.552 billion.
The common shares of Hunter Douglas N.V. are traded on Amsterdam’s Euronext and Deutsche Boerse.
For further information:
A consolidated Statement of Income for Q1 2016 (Annex 1), Balance Sheet per March 31, 2016 (Annex 2), Cash Flow Statement for Q 1 2016 (Annex 3) and Sales change attribution percentages by geographic region for Q1 2016 (Annex 4) are attached.